Sección patrocinada
por : 

My thoughts on Medical translation

Discussion in 'Medical Translation' started by Laura, Nov 16, 2016.

This was a helpful thread

1. Yeah

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not quiet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laura

Laura New Member

Since I am a medical student and a translator at the same time, I do have some experience related to Medical translation. Firstly, it is not easy to get into medical translation because this field of expertise is very precise and complex. Not only medical translation requires alot of knowledge, it also needs you to have plenty skills in order to do it successfully. It requires up to date knowledge of technology and medicines because if you don't have the latest idea you will interpret it wrong and eventually cause harm.
    One thing you must consider before getting into medical translation is that when you translate a medical report or document or any such thing, there are a number of lives in your hand. One mistake by you could cause the loss of 1 or more lives. So you must be very careful when going through such work.
    Obviously you need to have a good grip over all related concepts in Medical but that is not all. One problem is that sometimes the target language does not have the exact word that you want to be translated. As a result you need to find the closest equivalent word, which can be difficult and sometimes even impossible to exactly explain.
    Of course medical translations are very highly paid and usually given more time because everything is just too crucial.
    These are my thoughts, I will be more than happy to help you if you need regarding medical translations.
    -Laura

Muhammad Kashif likes this.
  2. QudratUllah

QudratUllah New Member

I don't have much to do with medical translation, but this was a helpful thread because I know a few interested people. Thanks for the share!

3. Claudia

Claudia Well-Known Member Staff Member

Excellent... thanks for bringing up "there are a number of lives in your hand" that is so true!

4. Muhammad Kashif

Muhammad Kashif Member

very well written Laura .... that is true medical field needs too much care

5. Ahmed Eleussiz

Ahmed Eleussiz New Member

Wow! that is good information about medical translation. I really like getting information about different types of translation and how each of them is unique and special in its own way. Nice work! :)