Sección patrocinada
por : 

How beginner become better?

Discussion in 'Beginners: Ask Here!' started by Fatma, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Fatma

Fatma New Member

How to be a professional translator from English to Arabic?
    I have translated some scientific articles before but I am not fully professional

Sérin likes this.
  2. Sérin

Sérin Member Staff Member

You need a lot of practice, since you are interested in scientific texts you have to learn new scientific words too, althought I am fluent in Arabic and French sometimes I face some difficulties in translation, because knowing arabic And french isn't enough , you also need to know the right word that is equal or similar to the meaning in english.
    I have translated some legal texts from Arabic to French too ,it was hard at the begining but everytime I translate I get better than the previous time.

Claudia and Fatma like this.
  3. Fatma

Fatma New Member

Thanks

Sérin likes this.
  4. Claudia

Claudia Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hi Fatma! I do agree with our colleague Sérin. Practice is the key. Please do not be discouraged, your time to begin is now! Personally, I have been translating since 1995, and I am still learning! So to say - we never stop learning. It is important that we all learn from our mistakes... no one is perfect! If you are interested in scientific translation, go for it! Start reading blogs and articles, translate on your own, when you get stuck with a term ASK! I know that sometimes we might feel ashamed to ask a "simple" question, but who cares? If we can learn from that! I would suggest that you also look up for glossaries, they are an excellent resource when it comes to specialized translation. If you wish, we can also join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/715246625330927/ we post many glossaries there as well, you can feel free to ask any questions that you might have, we are here and there to help you.

Sérin and Fatma like this.
  5. Fatma

Fatma New Member

Thanks for your advice.
    I really appreciate it.

Sérin likes this.